Re: Subject: Subject: Re: Amazing problem of /boot

On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 18:33 +0530, Parshwa Murdia wrote:
> but if we have more kernels, it occupies more space, may be less,
> though it may be good for testing purpose but for disk utility is it
> okay always to have more than one kernel?

I think some meaning is getting lost in translation.

Unless you're running out of free space, or updates take too long to
complete (as the computer has more files to compare), it's useful to
keep more kernels.  Only the one that you booted from is used, at the
time.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686