Re: Adobe (Temporarily?) Kills 64-Bit Flash For Linux

--- On Mon, 6/14/10, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, 2010-06-13 at 22:35 -0400,
> Bill Davidsen wrote:
> > That isn't going to make people very happy.
>
> > http://linux.slashdot.org/story/10/06/11/1338207/Adobe-Temporarily-Kills-64-Bit-Flash-For-Linux
>
> Or are you reading that the wrong way?  i.e. Has it
> left "beta" testing
> status, for the next phase?

I interpret this that development on the current code has stopped, along with releases--alphas, betas, whatever--and completely new code has been started from ground zero.

My guess is that it's going to be a while before we see anything new for Linux.  By that time, if Adobe is true to form, HTML5 will be fully implemented and out for two years, and there'll be no need Flash anymore. ;-)  Praise the day!