Re: F13: T'bird opens browser, but not the link

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 11:19 PM, sean darcy <seandarcy2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just installed F13. If I click on a link in Thunderbird, a chrome
> browser (my default browser) windows opens, but it's just the default
> page - google (what else?).
>
> So how do I fix it so that the browser opens the link?

If you're using gnome try this at a shell prompt:

gconftool-2 -g /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/http/command

One my system, where firefox is the default browser, the response from
gconftool-2 is:

firefox %s

You should see something similar, except with chrome (or whatever the
executable is called), instead of firefox.  Sounds from your
description like the %s is missing, since %s is a placeholder for the
url.

If you are not using gnome, let us know what you are using (kde, xfce ...).

Then you'll probably have to wait for someone else to help with kde or
whatever.  In general, if you have a question about the gui, you need
to specify what you are using for your desktop.

Mike