Amazing problem of /boot

today i am amazed to see that my /boot folder is empty and i am unable to decide and generate the reason(s) for it, why suddenly is it happening, i my self not able to understand though i have installed fedora core 11 and updated all the packages via GUI, irrespective of the fact that whether the package could be of any utility or not for my usage.

till yesterday everything was there okay and today /boot contents are missing only the empty directory /boot is there??

The changes i did today:

1. Disabled the root login by uncommenting the second lines of the files:

/etc/pam.d/gdm
/etc/pam.d/gdm-password

2. Tried to improve the bandwidth, as per:

http://www.fedoraguide.info/index.php?title=Fedora11#Improving_your_bandwidth

/etc/sysctl.conf edited, swappiness edited, noatime and nodiratime added in /etc/fstab

3. installed preload and implemented the improvements via tmpfs.

I am amazed to see this THOUGH I AM ABLE TO LOGIN.