Re: FC13 as a VM

My initial question was geared toward getting generic advice and if someone else was successful getting FC13 installed as a KVM VM.

Trying to install FC13 x64 as a VM on a FC12 (AMD) server with a running kernel of 2.6.32.12-115.fc12.x86_64 and KVM version qemu-kvm-0.11.0-13.fc12.x86_64.  The installer, anaconda, has stopped at random places from failing during the last few steps of the install process (performing post-installation filesystem changes) to the step where "transferring install image to hard drive".  Some times the install locks-up the device and other times a ctrl-alt-delete will power cycle it.  I am using the install DVD not the live version.  I should also mention that FC12 exhibits the same behavior, FC11 works perfect.

Has anyone successfully installed FC13 (or FC12) as a VM on KVM server?  If so, was there something special you did to make it work?

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 7:02 AM, Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Jamie Bohr wrote:
> I have an FC12 device running KVM and would like to install FC13 as a
> VM.  I am having lot of problems from the installer failing when
> packages start to install to nearly all the way through package
> installation.  I have disabled "ACPI" and added "acpi=off" to the
> install kernel and still have problems.  Any advice?

When you post a question, provide enough information to let people help you.
"installer failing" gives no one a clue, you didn't say what the VM looked like,
32 or 64 bit, etc, etc.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
the machinations of the wicked."  - from Slashdot

Jamie Bohr