[OT] if you've ever wanted to dabble in kernel programming, here's your chance

  WARNING:  outrageously off-topic and self-serving but given how long
i've participated on this mailing list and occasionally offered
advice, i figure i've built up some good will that i can burn off.

  if you've ever wanted to get into linux kernel programming at the
beginner level, have i got a course for you:

http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Online_beginner%27s_kernel_programming_course

i think that page is self-explanatory and i'm working to finalize the
details as we speak.  my goal is to have the first lesson up by the
beginning of july.

  if you have any questions, drop me a note.

rday