nvidia driver strangeness

When I start up, the nvidia initscript fails with a segfault.  I traced
it to the execution of nvidia-config-display, which indeed segfaults
when run from the command line.  That's a Python script, but I haven't
been able to get pydb to give me any more information.  It seems to just
hang.

This only happens on my Lenovo T61 (Quadro NVS 140M).  My other nvidia
machine doesn't have the problem.  It started a few weeks back, before I
upgraded from F12 to F13, but the problem persists.  The driver itself
seems to be just fine.  The crash is harmless, as all it is doing is
'nvidia-config-display enable', and the driver is already enabled.  But
I can't disable it now.

I've reinstalled all the nvidia RPMs from rpmfusion, but no joy.

Any hints how to track this down?
--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences