Re: Invoking a nonexistent application in F13 causes a pause

On 06/07/10 09:21, Philip Heron wrote:
> On 07/06/2010 01:03, Tom Horsley wrote:

>>> Yeah.  There's a command not found hook in bash (inspired by an Ubuntu
>>> patch, IIRC).  This went into Fedora 12 I believe:
>>
>> Yea, I put this in my .bashrc as soon as I was able to discover
>> what "helpful" nonsense was going on:
>>
>> unset -f command_not_found_handle
>
> Easier to just remove it:
>
> # yum erase PackageKit-command-not-found
>
> I wasn't aware that it was on F12 - I've only noticed it from trying F13.
>
> -Phil

Coincidentally seeing this thread, and wondering too about this pause
effect, I removed PackageKit-command-not-found. But I get some error if
entering a command which bash does not find:

backes@xxxxx [~]: Bush
bash: /usr/libexec/pk-command-not-found: No such file or directory

--
Joachim Backes <joachim.backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes