Re: Removing/Cemsoring bad Fedora mirrors?

On 06/04/2010 07:53 PM, Jon Stanley wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Daniel B. Thurman <dant@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> For those who do manage mirror lists, the specific mirror
>> in question is: "web-ster.com"
>>
> I can't see anything wrong with this mirror at the moment - I'm
> downloading the KDE live ISO from it just for testing.  It seems a
> little slow for a mirror that claims 250Mbps of bandwidth (I'm getting
> 500-600KB/sec on a connection that could get 6.5MB/s to a well
> connected mirror near to me), but that could be distance related or
> whatever.

Yeah, it's strange.  At times it seems to work fine but at
other times it stops working for awhile.  Maybe they were
going through some sort of a "maintenance downtime" or
something - but that does not explain how the yum hang
remained - holding the connection "hostage" - that is the
part I cannot fathom....

As a previous poster explained - it's probably a router
issue...  in any case - I have blacklisted this site and all
is good - so far...