Re: F13 - goodnewws and bad news

On Sat, 2010-06-05 at 09:19 +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-06-04 at 15:42 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > 2. For more than 15 years I have found that the GUI partition
> > installer hard to use and in F13 it is even more impossible to use.
> > This is mainly  because the various options are hard to distinguish
> > from one another. I know someone will say it was easy fo them but I
> > challenge them in the basic configuration to remove the separation of
> > root from home.
>
> Do you mean the root user space (typically /root)?  That shouldn't be
> inside /home, and that's not a partitioning issue.

No, the basic disk structure created by the partitioner has separate LVM partitions for /root and
/home. I wanted to combine them to a single LVM partition. I failed
miserably. It does not make much sense what I wanted to do but I was
frustrated that  I couldn't  do it. What I really wanted to do is to
have the partitions other than swap in a single partition. I got that
done but I am apprehensive about being able to do it again on my laptop
which also has a Windows XP partition. I find the whole GUI partitioning
application confusing.