Re: Improving the list climate [was Re: Fwd: Fedora Weekly News 228]

On Fri, 2010-06-04 at 17:33 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-06-04 at 17:11 -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> > If there are egregious examples of people getting out of hand, one way
> > to handle it without escalting to the full list is to mail the list
> > admins directly, users-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx in this case.  If
> > warranted, any list admin can place a member on moderation or warn
> > them that if they don't act more respectfully they will be moderated.
>
> I would have liked to see that happen. It didn't appear to happen at
> all.

If I understand Todd's post correctly, the admins will entertain
requests for moderation of certain members, but such requests would have
to come from someone on the list. I wouldn't normally expect the admins
to act on their own except in extreme cases such as obvious spam. It
looks like no-one generated such a request in this case, including you.
Apologies if that's incorrect.

poc