Re: Network Speed issues on Fedora 12

On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 19:42 -0700, alan wrote:
> I have a couple of systems with gigabit ethernet cards. If I copy a large
> quantity of data to the machine I notice the data throughput start to fall
> off after about 4-5 gigs. It keeps getting slower and slower the more data
> that flows through the interface.
>
> This happens on x86_64 and i386. A similar Ubuntu system does not show the
> problem.
>
> If I run the Fedora 12 system under VMWare, I still see the problem.
> Windows Server 2008 runs fine on the same VMWare server.
>
> Any ideas here? This has been driving me mad and I have seen nothing
> useful on this issue in my various Google searches.
>
> Thanks!

You'll need to post far more information.

>From where to where do you transfer files?
host to host?
guest to host?
guest to guest?
Using which protocol? NFS? SMB? FTP?

What type of hardware is being used on the hosts?
What type of hardware is being used on the guests?
What type of -software- is being used on the hosts?

etc, etc, etc.

- Gilboa