Re: FC13, Installing 32 bit Libs on a 64 bit box

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 10:30 PM, Phil Meyer <pmeyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 06/03/2010 10:33 AM, Jim wrote:
>> FC13/KDE
>>
>> How do I install 32 bit Libs on a 64 bit box ?
>>
>> I have SDL installed.
>>
>> This would be a good addition to Yum.
>>

> It would be much easier to discover why you might need some 32 bit
> libraries.
>
> For instance, you mentioned SDL.  Is there an app you have that is not
> in rpm format that requires 32 bit libs?
>
> Perhaps you have a 32 bit app in rpm format.
>
> Simply:
>
> # yum localinstall --nogpgcheck <myprog>.rpm
>
> That will install all of the appropriate 32 bit libs for that app.
>
> Much better than just trying to grab all 32 bit libs and hope it works ...

If someone wants to run a nightly version of Thunderbird (say
3.1.1pre) in 64 bit F13 where the nightly builds are only for 32 bit -
then it is not so easy!

If you can give a one line command to pull in all the correct 32 bit
libraries needed for that scenario I would be most interested in
seeing it.

--
mike c