Re: Removing/Cemsoring bad Fedora mirrors?

On Wed, 02 Jun 2010 14:56:01 -0700
Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

> > Often it isn't actually the mirror, it is some router
> > on the path from the mirror to your computer.
> >
> You mean a router outside my DSL router?

Right, somewhere on the list you get if you do a traceroute.
I had a problem with liberty.edu mirrors for a while
which no one else seemed to be having. Gave up trying to
figure out why, and just added the mirror to the exclude
list in the fastest mirror plugin. I have since
regenned the system and didn't put back the exclusion,
and haven't had any problems, so sometimes it comes
and goes. This networking stuff is all very mysterious :-).