Re: DVD Installer on USB...? (Solved)

On Tue, 2010-06-01 at 17:02 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> > Wish we could clean up this doc so things are more easily understood.
>
> The livecd tools officially support ONLY live media. Yes, the tools have
> explicit support for DVD media, but it is not supported.

...Hunh? This statement is as confusing as the doc I'm saying needs
cleaning up. Either you support the DVD or you don't.

If by this you mean that you only support Live ISOs, be they CD or DVD,
but not install ISOs, then fine. It still works.

I would also then request that you update the doc to say that doing this
with the install media is currently not supported, but people have been
known to get it to work, and YMMV.

In the meantime, I'm happy to create a BZ requesting that support be
added for the install media. Frankly, it's rather short-sighted that
it's apparently not.

Cheers,

Chris

"Only two things are infinite,