Re: where does Network-Manager store its VPN settings?

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 03:00:12PM +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> fred smith wrote:
>
> > When using NM (in Gnome) to configure a VPN (Sysco, which uses vpnc as the
> > backend) where does it store the VPN configuration settings?
>
> I've asked before, but either didn't get a response or didn't understand it.
> But what is the connection between NM and VPN?
> I use OpenVPN, and it seems to run perfectly whether I am using NM or not.
> (NM does not work on one of my machines.)
>
> --
> Timothy Murphy

Timothy:

NM lets you set up VPN clients for accessing specific remote networks,
so all you gotta do is a couple of clickies in the NM applet to bring
up or stop your access to, e.g., your office.

It supports several common VPN types, but the one I use it for is
standard Cisco vpn using the vpnc client. It also supports several
others though i've not tried any of them.

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -----------------------------
                    The Lord detests the way of the wicked