RE: F13 installation via yum

Hi,
You can also use "preupgrade -it" command instead of "yum". You can resume
your upgrading even if you are (for any reason) disconnected from the
internet.

To fix the insufficient /boot space problem go through the following
instruction. I hope this solve your problem completely.

First, try to remove any kernel packages not currently in use on your
system. The kernel-prune.py  script can be used to identify kernels that may
be safely removed. If you choose to remove additional kernels, be prepared
with installation media should you be unable to return to your previously
installed system.

The installer will need approximately 26M of free space in /boot. Use the
following command to determine the amount of free space in the /boot
partition:

#df -h /boot

To identify kernels that may be safely removed, run the following from a
command line:

#curl -O 'http://skvidal.fedorapeople.org/misc/kernel-prune.py'
#chmod a+x kernel-prune.py
#./kernel-prune.py

Now, to actually remove the kernel versions listed by the above command, run
the following as root:

# PKGS=`./kernel-prune.py`
# echo $PKGS
# yum remove $PKGS

Next, adjust the number of reserved filesystem blocks using the command
tune2fs. You'll first need to identify the block device for your /boot file
system. In the example below, /dev/sda1 is the block device for the /boot
filesystem.

# mount | grep "/boot"
/dev/sda1 on /boot type ext4 (rw)

Now, adjust the number of reserved blocks for the /boot filesystem using the
command tune2fs. Normally, a small amount of space on ext filesystem
formatted partitions is 'reserved' and can only be used by the system
administrator; this is to prevent an entirely full partition from rendering
a system unbootable, and allow the administrator some space in which to work
in order to clean up 'full' partitions. However, neither of this cases
really applies to the /boot filesystem, so removing this reserved space is
safe.

# tune2fs -r 0 /dev/sda1

Last, try removing unnecessary files from the /boot filesystem. This will
largely depend on how your system is set up. Removing the incorrect files
may result in a unbootable system. Some candidates for removal include
/boot/efi and /boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz.

Sincerely yours,
S. Jalali
/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Saeid Jalali Asadabadi,
Department of Physics, Faculty of Science,
University of Isfahan (UI), Hezar Gerib Avenue,
81744 Isfahan, Iran.
Phones:
Dep. of Phys.  :+98-0311-793 2435
Office         :+98-0311-793 4176