Re: where does Network-Manager store its VPN settings?

On Sun, 30 May 2010 23:05:55 -0400
fred smith wrote:

> it keeps the stuff under ~/.gconf/system/networking/connections, in a
> series of subdirectories with config files named %gconf.xml. several
> subdirectories (and %gconf.xml files) per vpn connection.

That would be the "gconf" database - the gnome answer to the
windows registry. You can "yum install gconf-editor" and
poke around in it graphically if you want to see it in
a more readable way than raw xml files. There is also
the command line gconftool-2 tool for manipulating it.

> While I'm sure there's value in making everything configurable via
> a pile of xml files, I sometimes long for the days of flat .rc files.
> Things were so much easier to find and tweak in those days.

Most windows users seem to feel the same way about the windows registry
(especially when registry errors screw up their system :-).