Re: preupgrade: not enough space again

On Sat, 2010-05-29 at 14:55 -0700, Alan Evans wrote:
> Apparently, my default 200MB fell a bit short:
>
> $ df -h
> /dev/mapper/vg_studio-lv_root
>                      868G  266G  558G  33% /
> tmpfs                 4.0G 1000K  4.0G   1% /dev/shm
> /dev/sda5             194M   24M  161M  13% /boot

This might be a bit OT but a simple yum upgrade has worked for me for a
long time, no problems whatsoever.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/YumUpgradeFaq#Fedora_12_-.3E_Fedora_13

Just be sure to run it either under screen, or from a virtual console
since X usually goes bunkers during the operation. And you might have to
do a forced reboot at the end, since the system might not shut down
cleanly.

I'm just wondering why we don't have a tool for yum upgrades that
downloads the packages and after OK by the user drops down to single
user mode and installs them, at the end trying a reboot once the
operation is complete..
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor