Re: Setup a Floppy in Fedora 13

Jim wrote:
> On 05/28/2010 04:20 PM, Mike McCarty wrote:
>> Jim wrote:
>>
>>> How do you setup a floppy in FC 13 fstab.
>>>
>>> I can boot off of a dos disk at startup, but I have a floppy that was
>>> formatted by  WinXP Pro and it won't boot up or mount -t ntfs-3g
>>> /dev/floppy /mnt/floppy , ntfs-3g is installed.
>>>
>>> I assumed it is a ntfs type file system .
>>>
>> I suspect you are wrong, and it's FAT12.
>>

>>> I want to dual boot WinXP pro with Fedora 13 and I don't have a boot
>>> WinXP CD.
>>>
>> How do you plan to install WinXP?
>>
>> Mike
>>
> I'm trying to use a boot floppy to get me to d: so I can run "Setup"

Ok, so it doesn't matter whether you can read it with Linux.
You aren't trying to boot the CD-ROM, because it isn't bootable.
Is it some sort of "upgrade" disc?
I don't understand what your goal is. Is D: a CD-ROM reader?

I'm beginning to wonder whether your question has anything
to do with Linux, and not just a question about how to install
Windows.

Is the problem that your machine's BIOS doesn't know how to boot
from a CD-ROM? If so, then may I suggest you use Smart Boot Manager?

http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Smart_Boot_Manager

I've used it for years, and find it quite adequate for my needs.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.