Re: modprobe.conf?

On 05/27/2010 11:06 PM, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> Got me to thinking.  So I looked at my F13 test system, and sure enough,
> I had an empty /etc/modprobe.conf file.  I can't remember if I ran
> system-config-network or not on May 9th at 23:04, but I *do* remember
> disabling NetworkManager and re-enabling the network service at some
> point.  (I got sick and tired of not being able to login to the system
> remotely unless I was also logged in at the console!  Stupid idea!)
>
> I'm going to delete it and then reboot the system (its a kernel behind
> anyways....) and see if the file returns.

The system hung after the words "restarting the system..."  Pushing the
power button did nothing.  Not even holding it in for an extended period
of time.  I had to pull the power cord on this machine.  Weird!  I can't
remember having to do that after I learned the "hold the power button in
for 5 or more seconds" trick.  Oh well.

After rebooting, /etc/modprobe.conf was still gone.

So I ran system-config-network, its came up found my one network device.
I didn't play around, but exited c-s-n.

/etc/modprobe.conf was *still* missing.

So, its either something else, or something more that's necessary....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx