Re: Available memory

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 6:20 AM, Henry Wyatt <hewjr1000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In system>about this computer I had 98.1 gib available memory.  Now I have
> 95.1 oh were oh were did 3gib go?
> Did not install any new software, did update preupgrade.

I assume you mean "Available disk space". It is the amount of disk
space unused on your system, so it will decrease if you put more files
into the disk. Even something as trivial as web browsing can add to
this disk space even if you don't actually download and save anything
to your disk. The space will increase if you delete files from your
disk.

--
Siddhesh Poyarekar
http://siddhesh.in