Re: Can't Burn DVD

On 05/24/2010 03:08 PM, Jim wrote:
> FC12-X86_64
>
> A Blank DVD is in /dev/scd0 and I can Burn DVD's from K3B.
>
> Trying to run this command from dvdauthor and also ran it from command
> line and get the error below.
>
> # dvdrecord -dao speed=2 dev=0,0,0 "/tmp/Pacific/dvd.iso"
>
> WARNING: the deprecated pseudo SCSI syntax found as device specification.
> Support for that may cease in the future versions of wodim. For now,
> the device will be mapped to a block device file where possible.
> Run "wodim --devices" for details.
> dvdrecord: No such file or directory.
> Cannot open SCSI driver!
> For possible targets try 'wodim --devices' or 'wodim -scanbus'.
> For possible transport specifiers try 'wodim dev=help'.
> For IDE/ATAPI devices configuration, see the file README.ATAPI.setup from
> the wodim documentation.
>

> [root@acer64 mickey]# wodim --devices
> wodim: Overview of accessible drives (1 found) :
>   0  dev='/dev/scd0'     rwrw-- : 'HL-DT-ST' 'DVDRAM GH15F'
>

> dvdrecord is in /usr/bin/dvdrecord

/usr/bin/dvdrecord is a symlink to
/etc/alternatives/cdrecord-dvdrecord

/etc/alternatives/cdrecord-dvdrecord is use to point to the actual
program being used - it may be one of several programs. In this
case, it looks like it point to wodim.

Wodim want you to use a different syntax to specify the device. In
this case, you would use dev=/dev/scd0.

dvdrecord -dao speed=2 dev=/dev/scd0 "/tmp/Pacific/dvd.iso"

Mikkel