Re: F13 Delayed-Please Include OpenOffice On LiveCD...

Jesse Palser writes:

On Tue, 2010-05-18 at 22:17 +0100, Sam Sharpe wrote:
>> I'm sure I am not alone in anxiously awaiting your insight into which
>> 1/3 of the packages you think should be dropped from the LiveCD in
>> order to provide OpenOffice...
>>

> Live CD is actually a compressed squashfs image that wraps a Ext4
> image.  So while Openoffice.org is big, it isn't quite 1/3rd of the
> whole size.

I was exaggerating for effect - I didn't bother to check the installed
size of the whole of OpenOffice either. Even if it's 1/4th, it's too
much to remove ;o)

--
Sam

Hi,

New Ubuntu 10.04 LiveCD has OpenOffice.
Can't understand why Fedora LiveCD can't have it too.

Why don't you look at what packages Ubuntu includes on their live CD, compare that list against the list of packages on the Fedora live CD, then report back to us the list of packages that should be dropped from the Fedora live CD in order to make room for OpenOffice, then the merits of doing so can be discussed.