Re: How to find out which RPM's have been additionally installed?

On 05/18/10 09:05, Mogens Kjaer wrote:
On 05/18/2010 08:41 AM, Joachim Backes wrote:
My question: is there a simple way to find out which packages belong to
the base version, and which packages have been installed as a later action?

You can sort the list of installed rpm's by install time:

rpm -qa --queryformat "%{INSTALLTIME}\t%{NAME}\t%{SUMMARY}\n" | sort -n

Mogens

Hi Mogens,

by using the output of this cmd, I have no information about the endtime of the OS installation and the beginning of updates or installation of other rpm's. So how to find out the position of that (virtual) separation line (imagine, I started the installation of additional packages immediately after the first reboot)?

Regards

Joachim Backes <joachim.backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes