Re: How to find out which RPM's have been additionally installed?

On Tuesday 18 May 2010 12:02 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 05/18/2010 02:58 PM, Suvayu Ali wrote:
>> On Monday 17 May 2010 11:41 PM, Joachim Backes wrote:
>>
>>> My question: is there a simple way to find out which packages belong to
>>> the base version, and which packages have been installed as a later action?
>>>

>> How about,
>>
>> # grep -v<install_date>  /var/log/yum.log*
>>
>> where install date is of the form "Mmm dd". Yum/logrotate renames the
>> log files every year, so should be easy to backtrack even if you
>> installed sometime last year.
>>
> That would assume that all packages were installed via yum.  Yes?

Yes of course. But with `yum localinstall' at one's disposal it doesn't
make sense not to. :) Unless of course one installs rpms which doesn't
obey the usual good practices and doesn't conform to usual repository
package names in its "requires" and "provides". :-\

--
Suvayu