Can Windows and Linux co-exist?

I've been trying for some time to set up
a home LAN based on a Linux (CentOS) server,
with both Linux and Windows clients.

It seems to me that this is the best hope
for the future growth of Linux,
and that the fanatical rejection of all things Windows
is in fact counter-productive.

As I see it, more and more applications are web-based,
and the aim should be to enable them to be accessed
from Linux or Windows machines.

Unfortunately neither of the contestants
seem to want to make this easier.

I'm thinking specifically (at the moment)
of MySQL, openVPN and openLDAP.
Is there anywhere an account of how to set up
a Windows client with a Linux server
for these applications?

For example, I access MySQL on my server
through http://<myserver>/phpMyAdmin
and LDAP through http://<myserver>/phpLDAPadmin .

But I haven't found a clear account
of how to access these applications from a Windows client.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net