Re: logwatch schedule control

On Wed, 12 May 2010 14:33:18 -0700
jack craig wrote:

> I am assuming its whatever drives /etc/cron.daily, but where???

You are suffering from anacron's disease :-).

In recent fedoras all the default /etc/cron.* jobs are now driven
by anacron from the /etc/anacrontab file and the old /etc/crontab
file is empty by default. Anacron just runs things at some random
time when it happens to think of it, which drives me crazy (because
it always manages to pick a inappropriate time due to Murphy's
Law).

I move all the entries out of /etc/anacrontab, given them specific
times to run, and format them to go in the /etc/crontab file.
I run nothing in anacron (and every release it gets harder and
harder to turn it off).