Re: OpenOffice Should Be Included On Version 13 LiveCD...

On Wed, 2010-05-12 at 13:26 +0100, Michal wrote:
> On 12/05/2010 13:06, Jesse Palser wrote:
> > OpenOffice Should Be Included On Version 13 LiveCD...
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Booted Fedora 13 RC#2 LiveCD,
> > and was very disappointed that
> > OpenOffice was not a default program.
> >
> > I am hoping that the Final version
> > will have OpenOffice on it?
> >
> > Jesse
> >

> Why? It's huge and lots of people will not want it by default...maybe an
> option to install it, but not a default

Apart from the problem that I didn't manage to get F13RC2 to become
bootable on my memory stick when installing with LiveUSB Creator, it
should be easy to install the live image on a 2GB memory stick (or
bigger) adding an overlay big enough to hold OpenOffice.

Perhaps on first boot the live image could detect the overlay and offer
installation of an extended application set?

birger