Re: Network Adaptor conundrums

On Friday 07 May 2010 02:54:29 Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> About system-config-network...
>
> Yes, of course I examined it right after rebooting with the new motherboard
> and not having any internet. So, I will tell you what I see, now that I do
> have internet (but I have to click the applet to get it to start): in the
> devices tab, I have my eth0 device, enabled, status active (I didn't click
> 'activate when computer starts', as I believe you were suggesting, and I am
> staying with DHCP);

I think you should select the 'activate when computer starts' checkbox, and
save settings. AFAIK, NetworkManager should also respect this setting. Try it
and reboot, hopefully it will connect as you want it to (using NM).

The DHCP problem is a separate matter (you should fix your router), and has
nothing to do with this.

HTH, :-)
Marko