Re: run Fedora 12 (64bit) on Sun Virtual Box issue

On 5/6/2010 9:54 PM, Michael wrote:
> I made some progress, but was stuck in the Guest Additions installation.
>
> Following was what I did:
> 1. in console mode as root.
>
> 2. > dhclient eth0
>     *this seems enabling the network adapter, since my VM hasn't connected
> to Internet previously.
>
> 3. >yum groupinstall "X Window System"
>     *this connects to Internet, and install the X Windows package
>
> 4. >startx
>     * this gave following message:
>     (EE) Failed to load module "vboxvideo" (module does not exist, 0)
>     (EE) config/hal: couldn't initialise context : unknown error (null)
>
> 5. I clicked "Devices-->Install Guest Additions...", but I can't find the
> mounted file.
> Where should it be ?

There is a very, large and helpful, available from the Virtualbox GUI.
You questions are all answered by pressing:

Function key 1          F1           on your keyboard.

Reading the instructions *before* trying to install, configure, and run
the software is the recommended method.  :-)

--

  David