Re: Network Adaptor conundrums

John Aldrich wrote:

> Just wondering, but what have you got against system-config-network? It
> does a find job on my system of controlling the network and my network
> always comes on whenever the system starts.

I am not sure that I have anything against system-config-network. It is the old
way of connecting, without NetworkManager and using the network daemon
directly, isn't it? I used to use that all the time until a few fedoras ago,
when NetworkManager replaced it. I prefer to remain with NetworkManager now, as
it works so well and automatically, but unfortunately only when it works and
when it doesn't, there seems to be little to nothing you can do about it (eg.,
this problem, or NM not supporting wireless internet on fedora 13, for
example).