Re: Where to put local Latex *.sty files under Fedora11

Reg,

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 8:30 AM,  <reg@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> There used to be a place to put local *.sty files for Latex so that they would
> be found.  Under the current latex under Fedora11 I cant figure out where
> that directory might be and am having to copy them into the directory
> with the *.tex file to get them recognized.  Not nice.
>
> Any Latex users out there that know the answer?

I'm still have Fedora 10, but that shouldn't matter as this is a LaTeX thing.

This is what I recently did as root:

# mkdir -p /usr/local/share/texmf/tex/latex

Then for each .sty file or group of similar .sty files I created a
directory and copied/moved the .sty file to the respective directory

then as root
# cd /usr/local/share/texmf
# texhash

That should to it, texhash lets LaTeX know to update its database

Let me know if this doesn't work or if you have more questions.

Thank you

> [[ The Latex System seems to be looking in /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/<filename
>>/*.sty
>  but there must be an index to this directory somewhere, as just putting a
> new Local
>  directory in there with the files in it does no good.  Thoughts on that
> approach??? ]]
>
> --
>                                        Reg.Clemens
>                                        reg@xxxxxxx