Re: Fwd: Re: 3D and Nvidia

On 05/01/2010 09:40 AM, hewjr1000@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Help with nvidia 6150. Running f12 attempt to install driver via yum,
> get message that kernel I have is newer than one being installed.

By the looks of your video card it is a older model and the Nvidia
proprietary 173 drivers are the ones you want.
I do it through ADD/remove software.
Make sure you have RPM fusion repos installed the search NVIDIA
Select the latest Driver 173 and the kernel mod FOR THE KERNEL YOU HAVE
INSTALLED.
Once installed do not reboot and add the this after quiet on the kernel
lines of GRUB.CONFIG. rdblacklist=nouveau

Save the grub.config and reboot

There is a complete write up here

  http://rpmfusion.org/Howto/nVidia#head-205aab6f190d363e3915c0fa2e0681fc392aaeb6

Good Luck