Re: New boot failure

On 04/28/2010 10:00 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 April 2010, Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>> On 04/28/2010 09:15 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>
>>> Greetings all;
>>>
>>> My shiney new F13-beta 64 bit install on my HP dv5120u laptop is now
>>> failing, losing all response to a plugged in mouse, the touch pad and
>>> keyboard at about the time it draws the bottom bar on the screen, showing
>>> only the 4 workspace icons and the trash can.  No other buttons or menu
>>> icons get drawn.
>>>
>>> The HD activity led is stuck on.
>>>
>>> The only response is to the power button after the 4 second delay.
>>>
>>> Is there a recommended way to recover?  It has been fired up about every
>>> 3 days to install updates, but is otherwise as installed, so it could be
>>> considered a failed test.
>>>
>> FWIW, F13-Beta issues are probably best addressed/reported in
>> test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  I'm pretty sure the testing community
>> would appreciate it.
>>
> I am not subscribed to that list Ed, and my list pane of kmail already
> overflows the height of the screen.  Could you fwd it please?

Are you asking me to forward your problem description to the fedora test
list and then send any responses or questions from the list back to
you?   IMHO, if someone wants to test the Beta of any software and
subsequently has problems they should join the list devoted to
reporting/fixing problems related to the Beta.

--
Never give an inch! Guess Who! http://tinyurl.com/mc4xe7