Re: Preupgrade??

Paolo Galtieri:
>> I used it once to upgrade a system and it worked fine.  However, to make
>> it work I had to remove almost everything from /boot because the default
>> size of 200Mb is too small to work with preupgrade.  If your /boot is
>> 200Mb I would suggest upgrading via dvd rather than preupgrade.

Paul W. Frields
> Right, that's been a sort of painful transition, which is one reason
> why preupgrade isn't as "official" as it should someday be.
>
> Now Fedora by default installs a 500 MB /boot, which should be
> sufficient for the foreseeable future.

In the meantime, if you can't resize your existing boot, but can resize
another partition, or have some other spare partition, you could make up
a second boot partition, and use that instead.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.