Re: NetworkManager, is it important?

On Mon, 2010-04-26 at 14:40 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 14:15:39 -0400
> Matthew Saltzman wrote:
>
> > connects
> > at boot
>
> I still have to disable it in f13 to get my static IP address
> to work correctly at boot time.

AIUI, you should be able to edit the connection from nm-applet, check
"connect automatically", select "manual" in the "IPv4" tab and fill in
your data.  If not, you should report the bug in Red Hat's bugzilla or
GNOME's, or discuss your experience on the NetworkManager list at
gnome.org.

I have it running on a server with no problem, but I think I may have
configured it in system-config-network or at install time.  It is set to
be "controlled by NM", "activated on start", static IP.  The network
service is off and the NetworkManager service is on.  Starts up and
connects just fine for me.

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 contains:

        DEVICE=eth0
        BOOTPROTO=none
        DNS1=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
        GATEWAY=192.168.10.3