EVGA GTX 295 not working

Hi all (figured out the problem),

I've had trouble installing Fedora for the last few releases. I don't
have it installed at the moment so I can't offer much help BUT as I'm
certain my prob relates to my EVGA GTX 295 Co-Op Edition graphics card
and these are quite common cards, I'm sure the fix is quite widely known.

Everything installs/boots okay until I get to the bit where I need to
log in. I get the GDM graphical login screen but the mouse and keyboard
seem to stop working. If I change to terminal view (Ctrl Alt F2 for
memory) I can still type DMESG shows problems with the graphics card -
can't remember specifics.

I tried changing the xorg.conf to settings I know worked under other
distros/BSD/Solaris (using xorg) to no avail.

Is this a known problem? Is there a fix? Is there some GRUB switch I can
throw in there that'll work - I tried some to no avail.

My specs are as follows:

ASUS P5Q Deluxe motherboard
4GB Kingston (compatible with mobo) RAM
EVGA GTX 295 co-op edition graphics card
Corsair HX 1000W (more than enough)

That's about all

Regards,
Steve Laurie