Re: can't create live USB stick with Fedora 12

All this methods they are don't working. If you want I can explain.

Ubuntu Live USB creater - is an official tool to create Live USBs of Ubuntu from the Live CD or from an iso image. Only for Ubuntu.
Unetbootin - is a great program and it's working with F11 but it's does't work with F12 & F13 at all.
Fedora Live USB Creater - is a good program too, but possible to run it just on Windows or Fedora.

So design of this problem (if I don't have Fedora) is to make bootble USB stick with the Fedora Live USB Creater in Windows. I did like this.
Once again sorry but it's not a unix way.

I'm looking for uneversal method that is working from Ubuntu, SUSE, Gentoo etc.

2010/4/20 suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@xxxxxxxxx>
Hi Alan,

On 19 April 2010 08:59, Alan Holt <berber.it@gmail.com> wrote:
> I solved my problem by using liveusb-creator for Windows. It's work great.
> But it's not a unix way.
> I just want to try and to install fedora, because of this I don't have it on
> my machine and I can't use commands like this:
>
> yum install livecd-tools

Please refrain from using profane language on this list in the future.
Now to your problem, the unixy way to go about this is to search your
repositories for livecd tools now that you know how to proceed.

http://tinyurl.com/y3rkse2

Hope this helps.
--
Suvayu