Re: yum update to rawhide

On 04/20/2010 10:14 AM, Germán A. Racca wrote:
> Dear list:
>
> When Fedora 12 Beta was released, I updated to it with
>
> # yum --enablerepo=rawhide upate
>
> and nearly every package was changed from package.fc11 to package.fc12.
>
> But now, when I run the same command to update to Fedora 13 Beta with
> rawhide, I get fc13 packages mixed with fc14
>
> How can upgrade to Fedora 13 Beta without mixing fc14 packages?

The Fedora development model has changed quite a bit recently.   Rawhide
is now a permanent development branch tracking Fedora 14 development.
Fedora 13 is it's own branch.  If you want to yum upgrade from Fedora 12
to Fedora 13 development branch,  you can follow

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum#Fedora_12_-.3E_Fedora_13

You might also want to redirect any further questions to the test list.

Rahul