Re: How to make a Live USB running "from RAM"?

dexter wrote:

> Add "live_ram" to the editable boot prompt at runtime or in your kickstart use:
> bootloader --append=live_ram
> These are hidden poweruser options use with care ;-)

Thank you, it worked.

Why is this option not added as an additional entry in the boot menu? This is a
useful feature and it is totally undiscoverable. (even after reading the source
code of the livecd* tools it is not evident)

I already solved my problem in a different way. The livecd-iso-to-pxeboot
tool appends the cdrom iso to the initrd and mounts it with -o loop, so
I ported that approach to the livecd-iso-to-usb tool by adding an additional option.
It works. But your solution is better because the big image is read by Linux,
while in my case it was read by grub; there is a big USB speed difference.

Thanks again.

   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it