Re: Busted installer for F13

On Wednesday 14 April 2010, Craig White wrote:
>On Wed, 2010-04-14 at 13:44 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

>> >----
>> >I think you pick the profile that mostly reflects your intentions and
>> >only one profile for the initial install to keep things simpler is the
>> >concept. After installation and your first startup, you can install
>> >whatever you choose.
>> >
>> >That may or may not be to your liking but it seems that is the path they
>> >have chosen for anaconda.
>> >
>> >Craig
>>
>> And you, Craig, know full well that my personal opinion of that is a big
>> sloppy raspberry. ;)
>
>----
>there are circles where your (or my) opinion doesn't count and that is
>surely one of them.
>
>In many ways, I do understand the desire to simplify the installation
>process and in reality, it doesn't make that much difference if you are
>choosing packages at installation time or post-installation.
>
>But I am sure that some will make noise about the decision.
>
>Craig

Ok its installed and rebooted, network addresses fixed, screen effects turned
on, yaaay.  Firefox loaded up with a couple of its most desirable extensions,
and hey, by damn I even have sound, at least a few bings now and then.  I had
this crazy thought that I might be able to goto cnn.com, download flash, and
watch some news WITH sound, but I've now downloaded both the yum version and
the rpm, both claim they installed, but cnn still says no.

Has this got an easy fix?

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene