Re: Graphics Test Week this week

Hi Jatin,

On Tuesday 13 April 2010 01:01 AM, Jatin K wrote:
> Gianluca Sforna wrote:
>> The Fedora project announces that this week is Graphics Test Week.
>>
>> This is the highlight of the Fedora 13 Test Day cycle, with Test Days
>> for NVIDIA, ATI/AMD and Intel graphics all falling this week. Tuesday
>> April
>> 13th is NVIDIA Test Day [1], Wednesday April 14th is ATI/AMD Test Day
>> [2], and Thursday April 15th is Intel graphics Test Day [3].
>>
> what about ATI Mobility Radeon 5450 ( 5xxx ) series ????
>
> only these[1] cards are shown on the link
>
> [1] Radeon HD 2xxx, HD 3xxx, or HD 4xxx series
>
> 5xxx series will not be supported in FC 13 !!!!!!

I believe you mean HD 5450 from the HD 5xxx family (R800s)?

In case you haven't been following the news,

"A little over a week ago, the Ubuntu 10.04 LTS repository picked up the
Catalyst 10.4 driver. The currently available Catalyst 10.3 driver does
not support the X.Org 1.7.5 Server used by Ubuntu Lucid, so once again
(for the fourth release in a row), AMD had to supply Canonical with an
early build of the Catalyst 10.4 driver that will be officially released
in April. The Catalyst 10.4 driver supports the newer X.Org Server and
is compatible with the Linux 2.6.32 kernel used by the 10.04 LTS
release. The availability of this driver paved the way for us to finally
perform a recent comparison of the newest Mesa code to the Catalyst driver."

<http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu_fglrx_open&num=1>

That should calm your fears, although proprietary at least you will have
some thing to fall back to. ;)

--
Suvayu