Re: Open Office 3.2 Issues in Fedora 12

Thanks, Ariel. I followed your indications, however, both of them does not work for me. I don't know why this is happening with my fedora system.

a) I did it (nothing happened)
b) It's ok.

Note: WHen I use this command "yum group install office". Yum installs OOo 3.1 and the look of this program is great. Look at this image

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6117/pantallazost.png

According to my escenario, Is there a way to say yum "install 00o 3.2"? Maybe OOo improve its appearance.

Thanks

Thanks a lot.

Saludos,

Alexis

2010/4/11 Ariel Constenla-Haile <ariel.constenla.haile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hello Alexis,

On Sunday 11 April 2010, 17:51, Alexis Pardo wrote:
> Thanks, Ariel:
>
> As you said, I'm using gnome under Fedora 12. My open office version is
> 3.2. Please, look at the attached files. The second one (2.png) is my
> problem. Look at these elements: menu bar, tool bar, scroll bars (H & V),
> status bar... There's a problem. It seems there's no integration between
> my gnome and the OOo, unlike your image.
>
> I hope you can understand me. Sorry for my english level.

I see what's happening there (you can sure confirm by looking at the menu in
http://arielch.fedorapeople.org/images/OOo_vcl_plugin_gen.png ): OOo is
painting the UI itself, not using native widgets. This is really strange,
running inside a Gnome desktop env.

Please try the following:

a) open a terminal and export the following env. vars.:

~]$  export SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN="gtk";export OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP="gnome"

then invoke OOo executable from within that same shell.
Does OOo look like a Gnome app.?

b) If the above does not work, then something is wrong with the vcl gtk plug-
in. Either the library is missing, or it has linking issues, or ...
Do the following:

Go to /opt/openoffice.org/basis3.2/program

~]$ cd /opt/openoffice.org/basis3.2/program

Check you have the gtk vcl plug-in library:

program]$ ls -l libvclplug_gtk*.so

should output something like:

-r--r--r--. 1 root root 383640 feb 13 09:16 libvclplug_gtklx.so

If you have that library, try seeing if there is some linking issue:

program]$ ldd -v libvclplug_gtkl*.so

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile