Re: Scanning Text Doc.

On 04/12/2010 04:47 PM, Jim wrote:
FC12/KDE/X86_64

Having problems of saving a Scanned Text Doc.

I can save the Scanned Doc as a image, jpg,png and ps and pdf but it
won't save the scanned document as a Text file. When it's saved as a
out.txt , it looks like a scrambled bunch of characters. It scans the
doc and shows it is a text file, but saving it is the problem.

gocr.rpm is installed

Hi Jim,

Initially, I used gocr too, but it has IMHO no good text recognition, so in the meantime I installed *tesseract* which has a rather good text recongnition.

I scan with *xsane* into .tif files, because
if I remember correctly, tesseract needs .tif files as input:

tesseract <input>.tif <output>

Kind regards

--
Joachim Backes <joachim.backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>