Re: slow installing software

On Sun, 2010-04-11 at 16:09 -0700, Michael Miles wrote:
> I have noticed a huge slowdown with installing software from
> add/remove software
>
> An abnormal amount of time resolving dependents

Obvious thing:  How many repos do you have enabled?  If you have
unnecessary ones enabled, such as testing repos when you don't actually
use packages from the testing repos.  Or, if you have a plethora of
unnecessary plug-ins, you can make things much slower.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.