Re: Fedora 12 Update Error

On Sunday 11 April 2010 08:49 AM, Marvin Kosmal wrote:
> On 4/11/10, Michael Schwendt<mschwendt@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>> On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 08:20:20 -0400, Henry wrote:
>>
>>> Just installed Fedora 12, much better than other operating systems.  I am
>>> new to this and have the following problem.  I cannot update software,
>>> update fails, I will send error mesage at next attempt to update.
>>
>> Might be an idea to open a terminal, become superuser "root", and
>> run:  yum update yum\* PackageKit\*
>> --
>
> I also am new to Fedora.
>
> It this method better then using the GUI
>

> System>>Administration>>Software Updates?

There are no better or worse methods here. Michael doesn't know what
desktop OP is using so he used the terminal. If you use the terminal,
then the method is same for all users where as GUI methods vary from
desktop to desktop. Not everyone uses Gnome. ;)

Also in the terminal you get to see more relevant messages, from the GUI
all those details are usually hidden unless there are any errors.

> TIA

Hope this helps. :)

--
Suvayu