Re: [Fwd: Re: CD/DVD automount in Fedora 12]

> I just checked on my other machine (mythbackend), symlinks are always
> there - no matter if the disc is in the drive or not.

> So the fact that symlinks disappear is probably somehow related to my
> automount problem. I tried reinstalling udev (just in case...) - it
> didn't help... What else shall I try?

I gave up and reinstalled the system. I then ran 'yum update' and also
installed MythTV from rpmfusion. Then I checked if automount works -
and it didn't! It is the same behavior with symlinks disappearing
when inserting a disc.

Now, which process is responsible for creating/maintaining these
symlinks? Is there any way to check what is the reason for such
"decisions" made by the process?

--
Best regards,
 Andrew