Re: Deleting all image files with "small" keyword

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 09:28:04PM +0000, Leonard Adjei wrote:
> I've been using Fedora for a while, but I must confess that when it
> comes to shell scripting I'm found wanting many a times.
> The thing is, I have an Audio Folder which contains hundreds of track
> with Album arts. Most of the album arts are small and Big, I would
> want a script which would search my audio directory and it sub-folders
> and delete all image files with the term "small" as part of the file
> names (eg, AlbumartSmall, Folder_small etc ...)

Depending upon your exact needs, something like this might do it:

cd <your folder>
find . -maxdepth 1 -name \*Small\* exec rm -i {} \;

if that complains about "command too long" or similar, try this:

find . -maxdepth 1 -name \*Small\* -print | xargs rm -i

this will search only the current directory, not any subdirectories.
if you want to search subdirectories too, remove the "-maxdepth 1".
--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ----------------------------
                    Do you not know? Have you not heard?