Re: firefox rant, thanks for konqueror to the KDE devs.

On 04/10/2010 04:51 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 04/11/2010 02:13 AM, Antonio Olivares wrote:
>
>> Dear fellow Fedora users,
>>
>> \begin{rant}
>> I have tried to use firefox on/off for a while, and I know since it is opensource, Fedora will stick with it even though it has become a big and ugly resource taker :(.
>>
>> The other day I was giving it a chance and browsing the web happily, and then all of a sudden my machine died on me, I could not move the mouse, I could not CTRL+ALT+F2 to get a terminal(since CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE was removed by Xorg(thanks guys))
>>
> This functionality was disabled by default but never removed.
>

>> I submitted it and it says it went to the kernel and not to FIREFOX.  How sad it was a kernel oops and not a FIREFOX oops.  I beg to differ.
>>

> What you have shown is quite clearly a kernel bug although Firefox might
> have triggered it.  It seems a misdirected rant to me.
>
> Rahul

The kernel has had this very odd bug since version 2.6.32.10, but once
even 2.6.32.9 did it--though it had not done this before I used
2.6.32.10 for the first time. And it happened just a couple of hours or
so ago with 2.6.32.11. And it usually happens when I have Firefox
running, especially in the foreground, and move the cursor to the bottom
of the screen to reveal the panel, which I keep hidden.

But I have not been able to capture any debugging information.

I happen to think that Firefox does a lot of things for me that
Konqueror cannot handle. For example, Konqueror cannot handle the many
Java scripts that, say, Digg.com has. "Digging," even when I am logged
on, always seems to go nowhere in Konqueror.

Temlakos